Date of Birth: 6th September 1998
Hometown: Swindon, Wiltshire, UK
Occupation: Accountant – Studying towards becoming ACCA Charted qualified.
My name is Oliver Sighe and I am 21 years old. In 2018 I returned to motorsport after taking a break in 2017 to focus on my A-Level exams.
I won Class M (Modified) of the BARC MaX5 championship in, where I learnt a lot about the dynamics of driving a competitive racing car with little power. I was able to build on this experience and quickly progressed to a faster Mk3 MX5 class in 2019.
I’m currently studying to be a qualified ACA Chartered Accountant. I work for an accounting company as a junior accountant putting my studies into practice and developing my knowledge.
I’m looking to progress up the Motorsport ladder by racing faster and more challenging cars. My goal is to reach my dream of racing in the British GT Championship. It features GT3 and GT4 cars in an endurance racing format.
With two drivers or more to each car, there is an increased opportunity to secure a drive.
My Racing Achievements
Take a look at my racing history below:
• Competed in the BARC MaX5 Championship and finished on the podium at every round I attended
• The Max5 Championship Class B (MX5 Mk3) folded half way through the year leaving me without a drive
• Birkett 6 Hour Endurance Race (Silverstone GP Circuit) – following successful testing in a Ma7da Locost
• 12 Hour Race of Remembrance – Having finished 2nd in 2018, I was invited back to try for a win. 12 Hour Race of Remembrance – Having finished 2nd in 2018, I was invited back to try for a win
Moved to car racing: I won the BARC MaX5 Modified Class in a Mk1 1.8 MX5 in my first season
• I also raced a 1.6 Mk1 MX5 later in the season and finished 3rd in Class B (BARC MaX5)
• Multiple 1ST Place wins/trophies and fastest laps in Class B and Class M MaX5
• Won the MaX5 best novice award for 2018
• Race of Remembrance (Anglesey Circuit) – Success racing the Mk1 MX5 got me noticed, and I was invited to join a team racing in a 12 hour endurance commemorating Remembrance Day. We finished 2nd in class (just 1 lap behind).
2015 – 2016
- Senior Rotax karting with Attaq Motors
Race 1 – Silverstone with Sports Specials
Follow me on Social Media